Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
You will find this recipe posted else where on the web under my real name. It is one of the best ways to grill burgers I ever came up with.
- 3 lbs ground round
- 1 ounce dry onion soup mix
- 2 beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons beer
- 12 hamburger buns
- Mix all together and shape into 12 patties.
- Grill over hardwood coals until done to your liking.
- Place on hamburger rolls and top with your choice of condiments.
- Note: I use one package of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix for this recipe.
As I don't top my burger with anything other than a melting cheese, pickle, raw spanish onion and a beetroot slice (yes, an Australian here!) this is my default method to flavour a burger, to give it some extra kick while enhancing and not overpowering the flavour of good beef.
The only change I make is to use finely grated fresh onion to replace the french onion soup mix, which I almost never have on hand, and once use a touch of lemon rind and freshly milled black pepper to replace the lemon pepper.
Thank you for sharing your knowledge, Chef Shadows! I have learned so much.
I used low sodum beef broth rather than the bouillon cube which tends to be very salty.. this is a great burger and recieved 10 stars from the guys.. men love their burgers
A real keeper of a burger!! Love the flavors of this one!