This tasty tortilla makes a cheap and easy meal, packed with bacon and potato and flavoured with fresh basil.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 red pepper, cut in half and deseeded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 8 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large potato, thinly sliced
- 5 large eggs
- 16 basil leaves, torn
- 4 tablespoons cheese, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- green salad, to serve (optional)
- 1Preheat the broiler to hot. Place the pepper under the broiler, skin-side up, until the skin has blackened. Peel off the skin and slice the flesh into strips.
- 2Preheat the oven to 350°F
- 3Place the olive oil in a 8in ovenproof frying pan over a medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the onion, bacon and potato and toss thoroughly. Reduce the heat to very low, cover and cook for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender but not brown.
- 4Lightly whisk the eggs and pour over the potato and onion mixture. Scatter over the red pepper, basil and cheese, then season with a little salt and a good grind of pepper.
- 5Place in the preheated oven, uncovered, and cook for a further 12-15 minutes.
- 6Using a palette knife, gently score around the cooked tortilla and lift the edges, then place a large plate face down over the pan and invert, turning the tortilla out onto the plate.
- 7Cut the tortilla into portions and serve with a crisp salad, or by itself, drizzled with a little olive oil.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All for One and One for All Tortilla
Serving Size: 1 (258 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 498.1
- Calories from Fat 333
- Total Fat 37.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.8 g
- Cholesterol 304.1 mg
- Sodium 606.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 18.5 g