Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a tarted up version of sbsbea's meatloaf recipe, slightly modified and all dressed up for the prom. A soft Merlot goes well.
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced fine
- 1 package Stove Top stuffing mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 diced red bell pepper
- red chili pepper flakes
- toasted almond
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 cups mashed potatoes
- 1 frozen pie crust
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Thaw pie crust and perforate with a fork, per directions.
- Mix all ingredients and half the BBQ sauce, except cheese, potatoes, and almonds.
- Put the mixture in the pie crust.
- Cover the exposed top rim of pie crust with mixture so it won't burn.
- Spread remaining half of BBQ sauce over top of mixture.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and spread potatoes over the top in a thick layer.
- Sprinkle almonds on top of potatoes and add cheese over the top.
- Return to the oven for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Serve with a green salad.