Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A different take on Stews.
- 2 cups carrots (sliced)
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (14 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (19 ounce) can cannellini beans (drained)
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (9 ounce) packagerefrigerated sausage-filled ravioli
- In large crock pot, combine all ingredients except ravioli; mix well.
- Cover; cook on low setting for 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- At serving time, increase heat to high setting.
- Add ravioli; cook an additional 8 minutes or until ravioli is tender.
This had a nice flavor and the varying textures and sizes of the individual ingredients was nice. It was more of a soup than a stew. After searching in vain at four stores for sausage-filled ravioli I finally found one that at least had sausage-filled tortellini. They really "made" the dish.