Recipe by SkinnyMinnie
This is an odd recipe for mushrooms! It is from a Paula Deen cookbook, and she says they are worth the time. And, yes you are reading it right - cook time is 8 hours.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
For us the wine overpowered the taste of the mushrooms. I made this recipe as directed. Will decrease the wine and Worscestershire sauce. Can't really tell the advantage of cooking for 8 hours, but that's just me.
- 3 lbs button mushrooms, whole
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups Burgundy wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
Directions See How It's Made
- Wet a paper towel and wipe any dirt from the mushrooms.
- Place the mushrooms in a large stockpot.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot. The liquid will NOT cover the mushrooms at first.
- Cook, covered, over very low heat for 4 hours. Stir occasionally so that all of the mushrooms are completely coated with the cooking liquid.
- Remove the cover and cook for an additional 4 hours.
- The mushrooms will shrimk by half and become saturated with cooking liquid.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and serve in a bowl.