Recipe by Panhandle Sam
I got this recipe from my Creative Photo teacher in 11th grade. She knew I had a thing for mac and cheese, and she was kind enough to write out her recipe for me. Very simple!
Top Review by HokiesMom
This is a great idea for a recipe. The taste is very nice. I would suggest adding a bit more pepper to give some more depth. The real issue I have is the time to cook it in the crockpot. I used my 10 hour setting (lowest setting I have) and in 6 hours this dish was overly cooked when I returned home and very dry. I had to add another cup or so of milk and more cheese to build it back up but the sides of the dish were not able to be used because they had "crusted". With this said it does not mean I'll never make it again as I WILL but I will definitely check it after 4 hours (even using the lowest heat setting) so it does not get too well done. Thanks for sharing. I tagged this recipe in the Bargain Basement tag game!
- 1⁄2 lb elbow macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 3 1/2-quart or larger crock pot.
- In a large bowl, mix together macaroni, evaporated milk, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and 3 cups of the cheese.
- Add mixture to crock pot and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours until mixture is firm with golden edges.
- NOTE: Do not remove cover or stir!