Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A great way to end a cold day. Stick this in the crock pot in the summer and free your day up for fun things. Serve withe a salad and rolls.
- 1 lb stewing beef
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby carrots
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) package button mushrooms
- 8 small potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 (1 ounce) envelopeslipton onion and mushroom soup mix
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- cracked pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon tomato paste
- In large bowl combine soups, wine, pepper, tomato paste, and Worcestershire.
- Place all meat and veggies in heavy, lidded dutch oven.
- Pour sauce on top.
- Mix and bake at 325°F for 6-8 hours.
I love cooking with red wine. This stew had a great taste. I only added 1/3 cup of wine which was plenty. I think the full 1/2 cup would be to much because the stew already had a strong enough taste. Next time, I will add 1/2 cup of beef broth, water or tomato juice to make more of a broth. It was a little to thick. This recipe has all the makings to be a great recipe. Just work around your family's taste.