Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
A good meal for a cold day. Add biscuits and strawberry jam.....
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3 (15 ounce) cans clams
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle clam juice
- 3⁄4 cup powdered milk
- 2 cups water
- 4 medium potatoes, diced and peeled
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Cook the bacon til crisp; drain on paper towel.
- Crumble and set aside.
- Cook onion in the bacon grease until translucent.
- Stir in the flour, salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 minute.
- Lower heat til very low.
- Drain the clams reserving the juice.
- In a separate pan, cook the potatoes in the clam liquid and water.
- When potatoes are tender, put the potatoes, liquid, dry milk in with the flour mix.
- Bring to boiling; stir while it thickens.
- Add clams and bacon; heat 5 minutes more.
I have tried this but near as good as smoky clam chowder