Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
These tasty little bites are great as a main meat dish, as a snack or an appy. As a snack and or appy, I don't toss on the honey/lemon sauce, but serve it on the side.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 egg
- 14.79 ml milk
- 236.59 ml flour
- 118.29 ml sesame seeds
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 78.07 ml apple juice
- 78.07 ml maple syrup
Honey and Lemon Sauce
- 14.79 ml honey
- 9.85 ml soya sauce
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- Cut chicken breasts into 8 equal pieces.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate chicken 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Beat egg and milk together.
- Mix sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Put flour in a bowl and sesame seeds in another.
- Dredge chicken pieces in flour, dip in beaten egg then roll in sesame seeds.
- Fry in hot oil for 5 to 8 minutes, turning often so that pieces are browned on all sides.
- As a main:.
- Gently stir in the honey/lemon sauce and cook 2 more minutes.
- As a side or appy:.
- Serve honey/lemon sauce on the side as a dipper, heated or cold.