1/1 Photo of All Butter English Flapjacks
The best home made flapjacks ever, I prefer to use a mixture of jumbo oats and rolled oats but all oats work perfectly except for the instant style powdered type. If you don't have golden syrup you can use honey or a mixture of light and dark corn syrup but the taste won't be quite as good. Maple syrup is too thin but you could get away with using half maple and half honey or other syrup. These are great as they are and I always come back to the original, but sometimes I'll add some chopped banana, raisins or nuts, just to ring the changes. Enjoy.
My Private Note
large f ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 160C/325°F.
- 2Melt the butter gently in a large saucepan and add the sugar along with the syrup.
- 3Heat gently, without boiling, when the sugar has dissolved take off the heat and stir in the oats.
- 4Put the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- 5Cut into squares while still warm and leave to cool in the dish.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All Butter English Flapjacks
Serving Size: 1 (245 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.0
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 17.8 mg
- Sodium 92.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 10.1 g
- Protein 2.9 g