Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My grandmothers famous all bran roll recipe. It's a favorite at our house during the holiday season!
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package yeast
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 6 cups flour
- Pour boiling water over all bran cereal.
- Stir in shortening, sugar and salt. Continue stirring until shortening is melted. Let stand until cool.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add yeast and eggs to bran mixture.
- Stir in flour. Turn onto floured cloth. Knead until smooth.
- Place in greased bowl.
- Cover and let rise until doubled in size.
- Knead down. Make into rolls and place in well greased baking pan. Let rise until double in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees until golden brown.