Recipe by senseicheryl
I love Kellogg's All Bran cereal and I'm always searching for healthy recipes to use it in. I found this on the www.allbran.com website this morning.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal (Extra Fiber kind)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange peel
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit, chopped
For the Filling
- 1⁄3 cup lowfat margarine, softened
- 5 teaspoons artificial sweetener (or 5 packets)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flours, baking powder, salt and spices; set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cereal, pineapple including juice and orange juice. Let stand 3 minutes or until cereal is softened. Add orange peel, egg whites and oil; beat well. Stir in dried fruit.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion batter evenly into 12 lightly greased 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups. Using measuring-teaspoon, make a 1/2-inch indentation in top of each muffin.
- Bake in 400° F oven about 23 minutes or until golden brown. Cool about 15 minutes before adding filling.
- Filling: Beat together margarine, sweetener and vanilla. Fill each muffin top with measuring-teaspoon of filling. Serve warm.