Recipe by Cookin'Mandi
My mom used to make these years ago, from a recipe she got on an ALL BRAN cereal box. I found this on the Kellogg's website, and it sounds right. They are VERY yummy! We just called 'em 'Breakfast Cookies', and if she was gonna let me have them for breakfast, I wasn't about to complain! (I use the All Bran that looks like little twigs)
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- ((I soak my raisins in water for a few hours before making the cookies, just to plump 'em up.)).
- Stir together flour, soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and salt. Mix in cereal and raisins. Set aside.
- Cream together shortening and brown sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat in eggs and molasses. Stir in dry ingredients mixing until well combined ( mixture will be quite dry ).
- Shape dough into 4 cm (1 1/2") balls; roll in granulated sugar if desired. Place on lightly greased cookie sheets and flatten with a fork, allowing 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake at 190C (375F) 7 - 8 minutes or until lightly browned. ( Do not overbake or cookies become very crunchy when cooled ) . Cool on baking sheets 2 - 3 minutes, then remove to racks to cool completely. Store in airtight container.