Recipe by Shadybean23
I got bored of regular old oatmeal so I decided to create something a little more interesting. Did I mention it's very nutritious?? and you can change it up to your own liking!
Top Review by FLKeysJen
Very good! I took a risk on this one; while I've used All-Bran cereal for baking muffins, I've always thought it tasted like tree bark would - one of those cereals that makes you feel like an animal in a barn! Anyway, this clever concoction is a fantastic way to get that 10 grams of fiber and the nutty flavor really ADDS to the oatmeal. At first you think there's too much water, but when you add the All-Bran it soaks it all up and loses its stick-like consistency, blending perfectly. If you hid the box, someone would not be able to guess what you added to the oatmeal. The strawberries and cinnamon make it plenty sweet without sugar, for me. Try it...you'll like it!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal (original)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon walnut pieces (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup strawberry (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or preferred amount)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour 1 cup of water into a small pot and add salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is good and hot, add 1/4 cup of rolled oats, and stir in cinnamon. Let it simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until oats are cooked to your preferred consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup All-Bran to the oats, and let cook for about 1 minute or until it thickens to your preference.
- Pour contents into bowl and sprinkle walnuts over top as well as strawberries.
- Pour milk in and mix it together. Enjoy!
- If you like it sweeter add a little honey or brown sugar.