Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a easy, fairly healthy and delicious bran muffin/bread recipe. I started with a recipe from the Philadelphia Orchestra Cookbook and changed it little by little. It was submitted originally by a lady from Scotland. I now use Splenda Brown Sugar Blend with this, instead of regular brown sugar.
- Mix milk, brown sugar, All-Bran and FruitBits (or raisins) in large bowl.
- Let sit for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, mix in self-rising flour.
- Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan or put paper liners in muffin tin.
- Spoon batter into loaf pan or into muffin cups 3/4 full.
- For bread, bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- For muffins bake 20-25 minutes.