These muffins are delicious and healthy, too: 79 Calories per muffin; 3.7 grams of fiber per muffin One Weight Watcher Point. From the kitchen of Michele Harvey Thornburg, Moberly MO.
- Combine cereal and milk in medium size bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in another bowl. Mix well.
- Add egg white and applesauce to cereal/milk mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Add a splash of extra milk if batter seems too dry.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spray muffin tins well with no-stick spray. Do not use paper baking cups. Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 deg for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing.
I love these muffins. Good for you b/c their low in fat and calories. I did see in the list of ingredients you listed baking powder twice. I took the assumption that you meant 1 T. baking powder and 1 t. baking soda. Also, I did have to add in another healthy splash of milk to moisten the batter a bit as it was an incredibly dry. A really good find for me as I am a WW fan.