- 2 cups all-bran cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine cereal and milk in medium size bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon in another bowl. Mix well.
- Add egg white and applesauce to cereal/milk mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in flour mixture. Stir until moistened. Add a splash of extra milk if batter seems too dry.
- Fold in raisins.
- Spray muffin tins well with no-stick spray. Do not use paper baking cups. Divide the batter into 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 deg for 15-17 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Let muffins cool in the muffin tin for 5 minutes before removing.