Recipe by alysee
One serving is for two cookies. These are so good and healthy. Cooking time includes the refrigeration time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl beat together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until thoroughly mixed.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- Stir in ALL-BRAN cereal and flour mixture, mixing until combined.
- Shape dough into two 10 1/2-inch-long rolls.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, covering ends carefully.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until firm.
- Slice cookie rolls about 1/4 inch thick and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 375° F about 9 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Store in airtight container.