Recipe by dale!
I made this yesterday from the recipe on the All-Bran packet. I just love this banana bread! It has a great taste and is low fat and high fibre! Perfect for morning tea or a snack. I like mine with just a little jam or peanut butter spread and served warm.
Top Review by chris_11270422
Thnk you for posting this, as it is no longer accessible on the All Bran / Kellogs website. I really like that it is a simple recipe without a lot of different ingredients, so it's more likely I'll have all the stuff to make it in my pantry! Like some other reviewers, I made it with half sugar, half splenda and it turned out fine.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 2 bananas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Combine dry ingredients and add egg, water, milk and banana.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Note- the original recipe says to cook for 45 minutes but mine was done at 30 minutes, so I suggest testing at 30 minutes so it dosn't overcook.