Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
I made this yesterday from the recipe on the All-Bran packet. I just love this banana bread! It has a great taste and is low fat and high fibre! Perfect for morning tea or a snack. I like mine with just a little jam or peanut butter spread and served warm.
- 1 cup all-bran cereal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered dry milk
- 1⁄2 cup caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup mashed banana (approx 2 bananas)
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Combine dry ingredients and add egg, water, milk and banana.
- Mix until well combined.
- Spoon into a greased loaf tin.
- Bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until cooked when tested.
- Note- the original recipe says to cook for 45 minutes but mine was done at 30 minutes, so I suggest testing at 30 minutes so it dosn't overcook.
Thnk you for posting this, as it is no longer accessible on the All Bran / Kellogs website. I really like that it is a simple recipe without a lot of different ingredients, so it's more likely I'll have all the stuff to make it in my pantry! Like some other reviewers, I made it with half sugar, half splenda and it turned out fine.
I just did this bread and love it I add cinnamon and nutmeg and some raisins.... wonderful!!!!!
Had been looking for a bread made with All Bran cereal and this one seemed to be the best around. Because I can't tolerate the roughness of wholewheat I just substituted white flour and that worked fine. Had to adjust liquid (I used buttermilk but always do in this sort of recipe). Turned out very moist and will try applesauce the next time.