Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got bored of regular old oatmeal so I decided to create something a little more interesting. Did I mention it's very nutritious?? and you can change it up to your own liking!
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup all-bran cereal (original)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (or whatever you prefer)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon walnuts (chopped) (optional)
- 1 small apple (chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup milk (or preferred amount)
- Pour 1 cup of water into a small pot and add salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once the water is good and hot, add 1/4 cup of rolled oats, and stir in cinnamon. Let it simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes or until oats are cooked to your preferred consistency.
- Add 1/2 cup All-Bran to the oats, and let cook for about 1 minute or until it thickens to your preference.
- Pour contents into bowl and sprinkle walnuts over top as well as chopped apple.
- Pour milk in and mix it together. Enjoy!
- If you like it sweeter add a little honey or brown sugar.
Shadybean, this is delicious! I made it even less on calories using fiber one extra fiber cereal and also 1/2 cup of light soymilk. I also added a tsp of splenda brown sugar blend to add a little sweetness. This is a great healthy breakfast, highly recommend! Thank you for posting!!!