Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is the perfect recipe when you're craving dessert, but know you should really eat something healthy. With this one, you can bake your cake and eat it too! High in fiber and full of vitamins, it's hard to believe it tastes so good! I got this from the Kellogg's All Bran website.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups apples (peeled and chopped)
- 1 cup Kellogg's all-bran cereal
- Stir together flour, soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In medium mixing bowl, beat together the 1/2 cup margarine and the 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs. Beat well.
- Stir in apples,All-Bran Buds cereal and flour mixture. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Spread evenly in greased 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan.
- Bake at 350° F about 1 hour or until cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely.
- Frost or dust with powdered sugar.
This has made a delicious cake. I used 4 red apples, white flour and threw in a handful of macadamia nuts plus an extra egg as mine were small. The result smelled great whilst cooking and tastes fabulous and is quite healthy too.
Delicious and moist! I don't measure things well, so I obviously added WAY too many apples and didn't have enough batter in the end. Next time I will also cut my apple much smaller (I cut them very thin, but not truly diced). I used white whole wheat flour with great results. I subbed 1/2 the sugar for Splenda - which I will not so again because I could still taste it. Also added extra cinnamon and a tsp of vanilla. I made mine into 12 cupcakes and 1 small round cake, both of which were done in 25 minutes. Thanks for sharing!