Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
I rotate meatloaf recipes. This one is all beef... the other two are a mixture of beef and pork or beef, pork and veal. I like to serve it with scalloped potatoes. The timing & oven temperature work out perfectly for an easy meal. Mix up the meatloaf, set the timimer for the first 15 minutes-by that time the potatoes are ready to go in as well. Then they both cook for an hour and can be served with your favourite veg... we usually go for something green, broccoli, peas,green beans, broccolini or asparagus are all good choices. The recipe is a combination of 4 different recipes with a couple of my own twists and changes...like the herbes de Provence and the ground ancho and tobasco. Mum started adding horseradish to her meatloaf and since it goes so well with beef I picked that addition up from her.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 shallot, finley diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon montreal steak spice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ancho chili
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash jalapeno flavored Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon prepred horseradish
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1⁄4 cup HP steak sauce
- 1.) Combine eggs and milk. Whisk together .
- 2.) Add breadcrumbs, onion, shallot, garlic,herbs, salt, spices, worchetershire sauce and tobasco. (In ohter words, the next 13 ingredients).
- 3.) Add beef abd mix well.
- 4.) PLace mixture in an 8x4x2 loaf pan.
- 5.) Drizzle top of meatloaf with HP sauce- You can substitute another steaksauce such as A1 or Heinz 57, but we like tamarind flavour in the HP. BBQ sauce would also work well.
- 6.) Bake in a preheated 350degree oven for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- 7.) Let stand 10 minutes before removing from pan and slicing.