Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a yummy Passover dish that can be made year round.
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) package matzo ball mix
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey (can be replaced with lean ground beef)
- in large stock mix all ingredients down to matza ball mix. put over medium heat, and bring to a boil.
- In a bowl, mix up matza ball mix per directions (egg and oil go in here). then let rest for 10 minutes.
- Form small (1") balls out of the meat and put them in the pot.
- When pot is at boil, lower to low temp for simmer, form an add matza balls to pot, then cover.
- Cook for 1/2 hour without uncovering, then stir and cook for 15 more minutes uncovered.