Prep 24 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I made this up years ago in the military, other wives begged for the recipe. This is great for steaks, but make up some kabobs and place all veggies and meat in it and baste while grilling the flavor is great!
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 4 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared Italian dressing
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sherry wine
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- Mix all ingredients and marinate meat overnight.
- For best results grill meat with Jack Daniels woods chips soaked for 30 minutes in water.
- Place chips over coals 3 minutes before grilling.
4 1/2 stars actually(.....I save the 5 stars for super special recipes). A very very tasty marinade. I was going to make a stew out of the lamb chops I had defrosted, but it was such a hot day today I decided on a B-B-Q. I found your marinade in a quick search on Zaar. I had most of the ingredients except for the sherry which I replaced with honey. I only had 4 hours to marinade however, yet the flavours were still lovely. I can see that overnight marinating would make this even better. A top marinade ShawnC, thanks for sharing :)