1/2 Photos of All American Steak Sandwich
Meat, potatoes, and vegetables all in one terrific sandwich. The gem? Made all in one pan. Enjoy! (Made for RSC #16)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (for frying)
- 2 -3 fingerling potatoes, sliced thin (or use 1 large potato)
- kosher salt, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 rolls (sub style)
- 2 slices swiss cheese (or your favorite)
vegetables and meat
- 1SAUCE: Mix all sauce ingredients well, cover and set aside.
- 2POTATOES: Heat oil in a skillet to 350°F Add sliced potatoes and fry, turning occasionally, until done (about 7-10 min). Drain potatoes on paper towels, and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- 3ROLLS: To the pan with oil, reduce heat to medium and add the butter. When melted, add the garlic and cook 2-3 minutes until garlic is tender.
- 4Place the cut side of the rolls face down into the garlic butter. Press gently to coat. Place rolls onto a baking sheet, butter side up. Broil in oven or toaster oven until nicely browned and toasted. Remove from broiler and set rolls onto plates. Add a slice of Swiss cheese to the bottom bun.
- 5VEGETABLES: To the pan over medium-high heat, add the peppers and onions. Cover and let steam 2-3 minutes. Remove lid, stir, and continue cooking until onions are translucent and peppers done. Place vegetables in a dish and set aside.
- 6MEAT: To the pan add a bit more olive oil and butter if necessary. (enough to sear steak). Add seasoned steak and let sear for 2-3 minutes. Toss and continue searing until almost desired doneness. Add mushrooms to pan and saute' for 2-3 minutes until mushrooms are browned and flavored with the meat juices. Drain meat and mushrooms onto a paper towel.
- 7ASSEMBLY: To each bottom bun, add the meat, then vegetables, then potatoes. To the top bun, spread with sauce and place over top. Grab lots of napkins, a fork (to catch what falls on the plate), and enjoy.
- 8ALTERNATIVE: Wrap sandwich in foil and eat 'to go' style.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All American Steak Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (284 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 770.3
- Calories from Fat 549
- Total Fat 61.0 g
- Saturated Fat 22.2 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 589.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 15.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: