1 hr 15 mins
From "Cook's Country by America's Test Kitchen," episode 106, "All-American Picnic."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs yukon gold potatoes
- 1 tablespoon prepared yellow mustard
- 3 tablespoons pickle juice, divided
- 1 large dill pickle, finely diced (1/4 cup)
- 1 small celery rib, finely diced
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, cut in 1/4-inch dice (optional)
- 1Peel and cut potatoes in 1" cubes. Place in saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring up to a gentle simmer and cook until tender, when a knife slides in and out of cubes without resistance, about 10-15 minutes. Drain potatoes and turn out onto a baking sheet.
- 2Whisk mustard with 2 tbsp of juice from a jar of pickles. Pour over hot potatoes and toss with fingers to coat. Spread out potatoes and refrigerate for 30 minutes until cool.
- 3Combine pickle, celery, red onion and remaining 1 tbsp pickle juice with salt and celery seed. Add mayonnaise and sour cream and whisk together.
- 4Add potatoes and toss. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes longer. Add diced egg and fold to combine.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All-American Potato Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 176.7
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.5 mg
- Sodium 721.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 2.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: