Recipe by iris5555
I have a real weakness for potato salads and especially for those without pickles, relish or sugar. This one, from a recipe newsletter, is a little tangy and quite good, I think.
Top Review by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Another 5* winner! The addition of the brown mustard is awesome! I used scallions instead of red onions and added 3 sliced radishes. It was very colorful with these additions and YUMMY! Next time I may cut back on the vinegar a bit. Other than that PERFECT! It's a keeper! Australian/New Zealand Cooking > RECIPE SWAP #14 - March 2008
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks (9 medium)
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 1⁄2 small red onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In 4-quart saucepan, place potatoes and enough water to cover; heat to boiling over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 8 to 10 minutes or until potatoes are fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, with wire whisk, mix vinegar, oil, mustard, pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Drain potatoes. Add hot potatoes to bowl with vinaigrette; gently stir with rubber spatula to combine. Let stand until cool. In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix mayonnaise, milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt until smooth.
- Add mayonnaise mixture, celery, and red onion to potatoes. Gently stir with rubber spatula to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.