Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This quick rise dough is ready so fast you must prepare your toppings first. I took this off the back of a yeast package. For servings, I figured 2 slices per person for 2 pizzas.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 ounces fast rise yeast (package)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a mixer bowl, combine 1 cup flour, yeast and salt; mix well.
- Combine water and oil; heat to 120 - 130 F, add to flour mixture.
- Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, gradually stir in enough remaining flour to make a firm dough. Knead on floured surface 3 - 5 minutes.
- Divide dough into 2 parts. With well-floured or greased fingers, press each half into greased 12 or 14-inch pizza pan. Sprinkle 1/4 cup of your favorite shredded cheese over dough to prevent a soggy crust.
- Spread prepared pizza sauce on each pizza (approximately 3/4 cup of sauce per pizza).
- Add your favorite toppings. Cover with shredded cheese of your choice.
- Bake at 400°F for 25 - 30 minutes (see NOTE below) until edge is crisp and light golden brown and cheeses are melted. Serve immediately.
- Note: It may not take the full time. In my oven, it was about 20 minutes.
This came out exactly as pizza crust should. We really enjoyed this.
Great basic pizza crust ~ I baked one thin crust making Onion Confit, Walnut and Gorgonzola Pizza, and bagged the remaining dough to freeze for another day! RIP Vicky ~ Made for the VickyJ Cook-A-Thon.