Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey sausage
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 (14 ounce) jar pizza sauce, divided
- 3⁄4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 12 slices mozzarella cheese
- 12 hamburger buns
- Combine ground beef, sausage, salt, and pepper; shape into 12 patties.
- Coat grill rack with cooking spray.
- Place on grill over medium-hot coals.
- Place patties on rack and cook, uncovered, 5 minutes on each side or until done, brushing patties occasionlly with 3/4 cup pizza sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and if desired, onion.
- Serve on buns with mozzarella cheese and remaining pizza sauce.