Recipe by rochsann
A family favorite from "The Best of Pancake & Waffle Recipes" by Beatrice Ojakangas.
Top Review by Roxygirl in Colorado
I've made these twice in a week & they turned out fabulous both times! These are super fluffy & hearty waffles. I added in a bit of cinnamon & freshly grated nutmeg & they had a flavor of a cake doughnut! Thanks Rochsann, for a super recipe-<br/>Roxygirl
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and oil.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir just until large lumps disappear.
- For thicker pancakes, add 1/4 cup flour; for thinner pancakes, add 1/4 cup milk.
- Lightly grease heated griddle.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle.
- Bake until bubbles form and edges start to dry; turn and bake other side.
- Serve hot. Great with strawberries and freshly whipped cream; on Fourth of July or Memorial Day weekend, add blueberries.