Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A family favorite from "The Best of Pancake & Waffle Recipes" by Beatrice Ojakangas.
Make and share this All-American Pancakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat griddle to medium-high heat.
- In large bowl, beat eggs; stir in milk and oil.
- Add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir just until large lumps disappear.
- For thicker pancakes, add 1/4 cup flour; for thinner pancakes, add 1/4 cup milk.
- Lightly grease heated griddle.
- Pour batter, about 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared griddle.
- Bake until bubbles form and edges start to dry; turn and bake other side.
- Serve hot. Great with strawberries and freshly whipped cream; on Fourth of July or Memorial Day weekend, add blueberries.
I've made these twice in a week & they turned out fabulous both times! These are super fluffy & hearty waffles. I added in a bit of cinnamon & freshly grated nutmeg & they had a flavor of a cake doughnut! Thanks Rochsann, for a super recipe-<br/>Roxygirl
yeeeeuch!!! I'm sure these pancakes taste delicious but 4 teaspoons of baking powder is toooo much. I made them and they simply taste of baking powder!!! Please adjust your recipe.