1/2 Photos of All American Molasses Baked Beans
3 hrs 40 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
These take awhile, but they are so good and they are very easy and inexpensive to prepare. For an added treat serve them with traditional Boston Brown Bread. Soaking time is not reflected in either the prep or cook times.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place beans in a large bowl and cover with water by at least 3 inches.
- 2Soak overnight.
- 4In a large heavy saucepan, combine beans and bay leaves.
- 5Add enough water to cover by 3 inches.
- 6Bring to a boil and continue boiling gently for about 45 minutes or until beans are tender.
- 7Drain beans reserving 4 cups of the cooking liquid.
- 8Preheat oven to 350^F.
- 9In a large oven proof pot with a lid, combine the onion, salt pork, ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, dry mustard and pepper.
- 10Stir in the beans and 3 cups of the cooking liquid.
- 11Cover the pot tightly with foil and then the lid.
- 12Bake until the beans are very tender and the liquid has been absorbed, about 2+1/2 hours.
- 13Add more liquid as necessary.
- 14Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All American Molasses Baked Beans
Serving Size: 1 (1081 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 313.0
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 502.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 28.6 g
- Protein 6.2 g