Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from a 4-H cookbook I had back in the early 80's. It's nothing like real jambalaya.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 (28 ounce) candiced tomatoes
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups Minute Rice
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Saute onion, green pepper, and beef until browned.
- Drain fat.
- Drain tomatoes, and add enough water to juice to make 1 1/2 cups.
- Add tomatoes, bay leaf, salt, sugar, and liquid.
- Bring to a slow boil.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add rice.
- Cover and simmer another 5 minutes.
Loved this meal. Quick and easy to prepare and delicious.