Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make your own hamburger mix (not Lipton packets in here!) If you use grass fed beef, the beef doesn't shrink bcz there's not a ton of fat in it! But you may have to add a little oil.
- Combine the Hamburger Mix ingredients.
- Store in airtight container in fridge.
- In a medium bowl, mix ground beef and 1/2 cup hamburger mix until well combined.
- Divide the beef mixture into 5 equal parts and form each into 1/2-inch patties.
- Grill until the internal temperature reaches 160°, about 5 to 7 minutes per side. Or you can cook on top of the stove.
- Serve on buns with your favorite burger toppings.
My SO and I were wanting hamburgers for our dinner on 8/02/08. I came across this recipe. As I was reading through it, I thought "Not another onion soup mix added to hamburger recipe". But I decided to go ahead and try it, I'm sure glad I did. I think what made this burger, was the fact that the seasonings were made fresh. As you never know how long the boxed soup mix has been on the shelf, and also you know what's in this.I did however have a little trouble with the patties slightly crumbling as I was turning them over.But other than that both my SO and myself really enjoyed the taste. This will be made again. Thank you for posting and, "Keep Smiling :)"
I almost made a big boo boo when making this recipe. I didn't read the whole recipe before starting and I added all the dry ingredients into a bowl and was ready to put the hamburger in when I thought it looked like a lot of mix for only one pound of hamburg. I went back and read the recipe and glad I did. I put the mix in a baggie and only added 1/2 cup of the mix to the hamburg. These were good and easy to make. I followed the recipe exactly as written.