Recipe by LAURIE
Been making 1/4 pound burgers like this forever, and dont think its ever been posted here. One of our all-time favorites on the summer grill! We also love these with a slice of cooked bacon for a bacon cheeseburger.
Top Review by coloradomommy85
These were good. We try not to eat much carbs around here, so we didnt use a bun, but I did fry up some bacon for my DH and kiddos and they ate it like that. Thanks for the recipe!
- 2 lbs 85% lean ground beef
- 4 tablespoons dry onion soup mix (1 envelope)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 buns
- lettuce, for topping
- pickle, sliced for topping
- tomatoes, sliced for topping
- cooked bacon (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine beef, soup mix and Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix just until blended dont overwork the meat.
- Shape into eight patties.
- Grill over medium coals to desired doneness or until no longer pink in the center and a minimum temperature of 160 degrees, brushing frequently with barbecue sauce.
- Top with cheese; continue grilling until cheese is melted.
- For each serving; fill bun with lettuce, pickle slices, tomato and hamburger patty.