Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is really a "no brainer" -- but I didn't see one like this posted, and with summer just around the corner, thought I would give everyone something to look forward to.
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 12 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 8 lettuce leaves (I use the green "leafy" lettuce)
- 8 slices American cheese
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced ham
- 8 slices tomatoes
- 1⁄2 lb thinly sliced turkey breast
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard and mix well.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on one side of each toast slice.
- To assemble each sandwich, layer l slice toast, mayonnaise-side up. Top with lettuce leaf, 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 2 slices tomato and next slice of toast, mayonnase-side down.
- Spread 1 teaspoon mayonnaise mixture on side of toast (facing up).
- Continue assembling each sandwich with 1 slice cheese, 2 ounces turkey, 2 slices bacon, another lettuce leaf and the last slice of toast, mayonnaise side down.
- To serve, cut each sandwich into triangles. Secure with toothpicks.
Loved this! Great quick dinner that I kind of had forgotten about. I used sour dough bread since that was what we had on hand, and didn't put the extra slice of bread in the middle as we are trying to be careful with carbs. Still delicious! Thanks for posting :) Made for Election Eats 2008