1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Wonderful Cooking Light magazine variation of a favorite soup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces hot sweet Italian turkey sausage
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/4 cups merlot or 1 1/4 cups other fruity red wine
- 2 (28 ounce) cans whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped
- 2 (15 ounce) cans kidney beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
- 1Heat a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- 2Remove casings from sausage.
- 3Add sausage, onion, and the next 4 ingredients (onion through jalapeno) to pan; cook 8 minutes or until sausage and beef are browned, stirring to crumble.
- 4Add chili powder and the next 7 ingredients (chili powder through bay leaves), and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 5Stir in wine, tomatoes, and kidney beans; bring to a boil.
- 6Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- 7Uncover and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 8Discard the bay leaves.
- 9Sprinkle each serving with cheddar cheese.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All American Chili
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 377.9
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 739.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.4 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 24.5 g