Recipe by Vyrianna
A delicious, small sized recipe for a baker's dozen of cookies. Originally seen in Cookies by the Dozen. Please look ingredients over carefully, many items have multiple measurements like flour is 3/4 cup + 2 teaspoons.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Great tasting, chewy & wonderful cookies for a chocoholic, so right up my alley! Once I got everything measured out the recipe was a cinch to prepare! Will keep this recipe around & might even share additional batches, but this first time around they were just for the 2 of us right here! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook recipe tag]
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- With the rack positioned at the highest level, preheat the oven to 400ºF.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- With the mixer on low speed, combine the butter with both sugars, the egg yolk, vanilla, and water. (The small quantity of water makes a puffier cookie). Increase the speed to high and beat until thoroughly mixed and light.
- With a spoon or dinner fork, combine the creamed mixture with the dry ingredients. (The batter appears crumbly, but as you combine the remaining ingredients, it will come together and clean the bowl.) Stir or hand kneed in the chocolate chips.
- Using a heaping tablespoon of batter as a guide, make 13 evenly sized balls and place 2 inches apart onto a cookie sheet. Alternatively, using the tip of another poon, push the batter by heapin tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet in well-spaced rounded mounds.
- Decrease the oven temperature to 350ºF. Bake the cookies for 5 minutes, then reverse the pan so the back is in the front. Increase the oven temperature to 375ºF. and bake for 4 to 5 minutes longer. The cookies appear golden brown with small pale centers. Cookies will complete cooking as they cool on the pan. The shorter baking time produces a chewier cookie.
- Cool cookies in a pan on a wire rack for 2 minutes. Remove the cookies to a wire rack for complete cooling.