Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are our favorite Burgers to make in the Summer or for Football parties. This can easily be increased for a larger crowd. These burgers are very flavorful, juicy and delicious!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons catsup
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 slices process American cheese
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices bermuda onions
- 4 split hamburger buns, toasted and buttered
- Mix ground beef lightly with salt,pepper, and garlic powder shape into patties about 1' thick. Pan fry or grill over hot coals med. heat 8 minute on each side for med. 9-10 minute for med well. Brush tops lightly with catsup; cover with cheese slices.I leave them on the heat for a few seconds to let the cheese melt.Place on Butterd Buns.
- Serve with Lettuce, Tomato, Pickles, Onion slices, Mustard and Mayo as condiments on the side.
Terrifis burgers! Adding the catsup before the cheese is a grand idea. We really enjoyed this recipe and will make again. Thanks for sharing.
This was really good. I didn't have a bermuda onion so I used a red onion and added minced garlic along with the powdered garlic. We like garlic so that is the reason I added alittle more to the hamburgers. I also liked the idea of adding catsup on top of the burger before adding the cheese to melt. I fried the burgers in a pan but this summer I will grill them on the grill. Thanks for sharing your recipe.