Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Unique and tasty - a real crowd pleaser! One of the most unique flavors of this recipe is the caramelized onions, so don't skip them!! I especially love making this in the summer!
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, in squeeze bottle
- 2 tablespoons mustard, in squeeze bottle
- 1⁄4 cup caramelized onion
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes (ripe and sliced thick)
- 16 dill pickle slices, quartered
- 1 pizza dough, 12-inch
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place pizza dough into 12" circle or retangle.
- Distribute beef over dough then squeeze bottle of ketchup in light spirals - about 2 Tbs. Repeat using mustard the same way.
- Distribute caramelized onions over pizza (see step 11).
- Top with both cheeses.
- Arrange tomato slices over cheeses.
- Spread pickle quarters evenly around pizza.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn pizza 180 degrees and bake until golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve topped with lettuce and drizzled with Thousand Island dressing.
- To make caramelized onions: Place onions, salt, vegetable oil, pepper and sugar into pan and cook all ingredients together on stovetop until golden brown.
This was a great idea. We didn't season the ground beef enough before cooking so it lacked some flavor there. The caramelized onions really make the pizza.
Tastes just like a cheeseburger! We spread about 1 1/2 T. of mustard on the crust, but would use more next time, maybe twice as much. Used ground turkey seasoned the way we like for burgers, grilled onions and cheese. We topped the pizza with shredded lettuce, tomatoes, dill pickles and thin sliced fresh onion. Fun dinner for Monday night football. Thanks for posting!