Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Unique and tasty - a real crowd pleaser! One of the most unique flavors of this recipe is the caramelized onions, so don't skip them!! I especially love making this in the summer!
- 1 cup cooked ground beef
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, in squeeze bottle
- 2 tablespoons mustard, in squeeze bottle
- 1⁄4 cup caramelized onion
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3⁄4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tomatoes (ripe and sliced thick)
- 16 dill pickle slices, quartered
- 1 pizza dough, 12-inch
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 tablespoons thousand island dressing
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees F.
- Place pizza dough into 12" circle or retangle.
- Distribute beef over dough then squeeze bottle of ketchup in light spirals - about 2 Tbs. Repeat using mustard the same way.
- Distribute caramelized onions over pizza (see step 11).
- Top with both cheeses.
- Arrange tomato slices over cheeses.
- Spread pickle quarters evenly around pizza.
- Bake in oven for 5 minutes.
- Turn pizza 180 degrees and bake until golden brown.
- Cut into slices and serve topped with lettuce and drizzled with Thousand Island dressing.
- To make caramelized onions: Place onions, salt, vegetable oil, pepper and sugar into pan and cook all ingredients together on stovetop until golden brown.