Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Great cold weather soup.
- 453.59 g extra lean ground beef
- 6 slice bacon, chopped
- 473.18 ml potatoes, cubed, peeled
- 118.29 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, thinly sliced
- 59.14 ml green bell pepper, chopped
- 2.46 ml salt
- 354.88 ml water
- 591.47 ml reduced-fat milk
- 44.37 ml unbleached all-purpose flour
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and bacon; drain if necessary. Stir in potatoes, onion, celery, green pepper, salt and water. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together flour with 1/2 cup of the milk; add to saucepan along with remaining milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese; heat and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional cheese and sliced scallions, if desired.
My hubby Made this tonight for dinner OMG its great so wonderful for a winter night as we watch the snow come down.After dinner I give to my daughter and she is making tomorrow night thank so much The Anderson It's A keeper