Recipe by Kitchen Quarterback
Great cold weather soup.
Top Review by craigsbrown
My hubby Made this tonight for dinner OMG its great so wonderful for a winter night as we watch the snow come down.After dinner I give to my daughter and she is making tomorrow night thank so much The Anderson It's A keeper
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 2 cups potatoes, cubed, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 cups reduced-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, brown beef and bacon; drain if necessary. Stir in potatoes, onion, celery, green pepper, salt and water. Cover and cook until vegetables are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Whisk together flour with 1/2 cup of the milk; add to saucepan along with remaining milk. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Add cheese; heat and stir until cheese is melted. Garnish with additional cheese and sliced scallions, if desired.