Recipe by theresa ritschard
land o lakes
Top Review by Ginny Sue
Oh, this was so good! I made this to serve with chili and this was the star of the meal. I baked this in the oven and opened the top of the foil for the last 10 minutes to crisp up the bread. When I removed the loaf from the oven, I sliced it lengthwise from top to bottom to form smaller slices that were easier to grab.
- 1 lb loaf unsliced Italian bread
- 1⁄3 cup land o lakes butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon poppy seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 10 slices land o lakes cheddar cheese (2 1/4x1x1/4-inch, about 1/2 of 8-ounce package)
- 10 slices land o lakes monterey jack cheese (2 1/4x1x1/4-inch, about 1/2 of 8-ounce package)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F Cut loaf into 10 (1-inch) slices almost to bottom crust.
- Combine butter, poppy seed and garlic salt in small bowl; mix well. Brush cut-sides of bread with butter mixture.
- Place 1 slice cheddar and 1 slice Monterey jack cheese in each cut; sprinkle with parsley.
- Wrap loaves loosely in heavy-duty aluminum foil; seal top and ends.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Grilling Directions: Prepare bread as directed above. Prepare grill placing coals to one side; heat until coals are ash white. Place bread on grill opposite coals. Cover; grill until heated through and cheese is melted (25 to 30 minutes).
- Ingredient Substitution Index.