Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Have fun with the pie crust.
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 medium baking apples, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup dark raisin
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked ready-made pie crusts
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Preheat overn 425 degrees. Spray a 9 inch deep dish pie plate with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, sugar, flour, lemon peel, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well.
- Add apples to sugar mixture; stir until coated. Stir in raisins, spoon into prepared plate.
- Place piecrust on top of filling. Trim edges, pressing against edge of pan. Using a sharp knife, cut steam vents in piecrust. To glaze, lightly brush piecrust with beaten egg. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until piecrust is golden brown, about 35 to 40 minutes. Place on a wire rack and cool for 30 minutes. Serve warm.