Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from Mr. Food's quick and easy diabetic cooking.
Make and share this All American Apple Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour,cinnamon and nutmeg; mix well, add the apples and toss to coat completely.
- Line a 9" pie plate with pie crust.
- Pour the apple mixture into the pie plate.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and vanilla and pour over the apples.
- Cover the apples with the pie crust, pressing against the pie plate to seal, and flute, if desired.
- Spray the crust with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 50-55 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
This is a fine and tasty (and very easy) apple pie recipe. It's a bit light on the flavor - on the zing! factor - so in my second try I doubled the sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon which garnered better reviews.