1/2 Photos of All About the Oatmeal Cookies
This makes a thick, crispy cookie, more about the oats than the butter and sugar (though there's lots of those too!)Make sure you flatten them before baking, they don't spread very much in the oven. I originally found this recipe on the Quaker Oats website.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Cream Butter and Sugars until fluffy.
- 3Add Egg and Vanilla. Beat well.
- 4Mix together Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt and add to wet ingrediants in about three parts.
- 5Mix together oats and raisins and add in intervals to dough.
- 6Roll dough into small balls and flatten with spoon on cookie sheet.
- 7Bake 8-9 minutes for slightly chewy. 10-11 minutes for crisp.
- 8Variations- BAR COOKIES: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All About the Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.9
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 175.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 4.4 g