This makes a thick, crispy cookie, more about the oats than the butter and sugar (though there's lots of those too!)Make sure you flatten them before baking, they don't spread very much in the oven. I originally found this recipe on the Quaker Oats website.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream Butter and Sugars until fluffy.
- Add Egg and Vanilla. Beat well.
- Mix together Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon and Salt and add to wet ingrediants in about three parts.
- Mix together oats and raisins and add in intervals to dough.
- Roll dough into small balls and flatten with spoon on cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-9 minutes for slightly chewy. 10-11 minutes for crisp.
- Variations- BAR COOKIES: Press dough onto bottom of ungreased 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut into bars. Store tightly covered.