- 2 romaine lettuce hearts (center of romaine head of lettuce)
- 4 hearts of palm, quartered lengthwise
- 1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, arrange the hearts of romaine and the hearts of palm.
- Toss in the cherry tomatoes.
- Combine the zest (reserving 1 teaspoon for garnish), orange juice, lemon juice and olive oil.
- Mix well, and pour over salad when ready to serve.
- Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with reserved zest.