Charlotte J's Note:
This recipe came with my Nordicware Train Cake Pan. I don't wait to lose it so I'm posting it here. The pan has a 5 cup/ 1.2 L capacity. Fill the pan no more then 3/4 full to avoid overflow.
My Private Note
cake tr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1Also Need:.
- 21 large cake, board or 1 piece , sturdy cardboard.
- 3hot glue, gun for gluing train tracks.
- 4Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- 5Grease train pan and dust with flour; set aside.
- 6In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- 7In medium bowl, combine melted butter, sour cream, eggs, vanilla and almond extract; mix until well blended.
- 8Add sour cream mixture to flour mixture and blend on low speed, scraping bowl often.
- 9Beat on medium speed 1 minute.
- 10Carefully spoon batter into pan, dividing evenly among cups.
- 11Top pan firmly on countertop to remove any air bubbles.
- 12Spread batter out to top edges of each cup, so batter is lower in the center.
- 13Bake at 325 degrees for 20-27 minutes, until toothpick inserted come out clean.
- 14Cool 10 minutes in pan; invert cakes onto cooling rack and cool completely.
- 15In large bowl, combine vegetable shortening, butter and vanilla.
- 16Gradually add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time, scraping bowl often.
- 17Add milk, beating on medium speed, until light and fluffy.
- 18Remove 2 1/2 cups frosting and color as desired to decorate train cars.
- 19Decorate with assorted candies.
- 20To make train tracks: cut black licorice twists in half lengthwise.
- 21Using glue gun, pipe glue along cut side of licorice.
- 22Glue licorice to cardboard.
- 23Cotinue with licorice, shaping track as desired.
- 24Color remaining frosting green and spread onto cardboard around train track. Sprinkle with green sugar.
- 25Place decorated tan onto tracks.
- 26Makes 9 cake train cars.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for All Aboard! Snickerdoodle Train
Serving Size: 1 (2163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1086.6
- Calories from Fat 517
- Total Fat 57.4 g
- Saturated Fat 28.0 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 541.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 143.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 127.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g