Recipe by superbuna
This cheese dish makes its own crust! It is usually served hot, cut into squares, with a dollop of sour cream on top. I have made some simple variations to it. They are listed after the directions.
- 1 lb cottage cheese (or 1/2 lb cottage cheese and 1/2 lb. cream cheese) or 1 lb cream cheese (or 1/2 lb cottage cheese and 1/2 lb. cream cheese)
- 4 eggs
- 5 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 ounces sour cream
- 2 ounces soft butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter a 7"x11"x2" oven safe dish.
- In mixer or food processor add ingredients in order given.
- Beat or process until mixture is smooth.
- Pour cheese mixture into dish and bake about 35 minutes. Check at 30 minutes.
- If top is nicely browned and a knife plunged into center of dish comes out clean, it's done.
- Cut into squares while hot.
- Can be served with sour cream on top.
- My Variations.
- Mix in just before baking:.
- Some chopped dill and a tablespoon of sugar.
- Another way is to mix in a handful of sharp grated cheese like sharp cheddar or even some feta cheese.
- I have even made a sweet cheesecake from this by adding sugar to taste, grated lemon rind, and vanilla.